BIRTH DOULA SERVICES
WHAT IS A DOULA?
Being a doula includes assisting women as a birth companion, birth coach or post-birth supporter. It is a non-medical person who stays with and assists a woman before, during, or after childbirth to provide emotional and physical help.
A doula guides and supports the birthing mothers partner in various ways:
- Helping the partner fully participate in the birthing process.
- Filling in for the partner when they need a break.
- Empowering them to feel confident and connected throughout the birthing experience.
- Decreasing anxiety by being available to answer questions, offering suggestions and giving support.
- Allowing the partner to accompany baby during first assessments while feeling safe that the mother has support.
When you choose Randi as your doula, you can expect:
- 1 consultation in your home
- 1 prenatal visit in your home
- birth planning assistance
- 24/7 phone and email support throughout your pregnancy
- 15 hours of in person labor support
- 1 postpartum check-up visit
Packages starting at $1,350.00
WHAT OUR CLIENTS ARE SAYING
Randi is an amazing doula. I always begin my story with, “I would have probably died without Randi!” Not really, but she was the support I needed, and what we came to find during the process, my husband as well. Now, we both can attest to Randi’s ability and knowledge. Her presence during the birth of our daughter was a tremendous help. This was our first pregnancy and we both wanted to have an experienced and encouraging coach to help us along the way. It’s such an emotional whirlwind, it’s ideal to have someone there in sound mind and energy to assist and help in ways you would never think of (relieving my husband so he could regain his energy for me).
In addition, Randi is aware of the boundaries of when to step in, and when to step back . This was important to us, as we wanted this experience to be uniquely “ours”. Randi was helpful in educating us in what to expect in the weeks leading up to the birth, the childbirth process itself, and what to expect postpartum. Randi was very professional and nurturing throughout the labor and delivery. I found her coaching, and knowledge to be superior to my nurses. Randi was quick to suggest laboring positions and to ask questions and make suggestions that were in my best interest. In addition to her active coaching, Randi also provided music, cool rags, honey, and reiki/massage. Randi helped us achieve our ideal labor and delivery. Randi was a great cheerleader in moments where I thought I would not be able to deliver the baby. She is awesome and we recommend her highly. I am already planning baby #2 with her.